Dry skin brushing is a beauty and health practice that is quickly growing in popularity again even though it has been around for years. As a simple way to support good health, it is best done with a brush made from natural materials. While dry skin brushing won’t be the magic bullet for any ailment or health worry, it can be a great way to support skin health, circulation, and relaxation.
6 reasons why you should do Dry Skin Brushing:
For health conscious individuals, although there are many reasons why skin brushing is good for you, here are a few benefits that stand out the most:
Removal of dead skin cells. This is something that can be seen immediately following a brushing. Removing dry, dead skin that looks dull is something I like doing often throughout the year. When dead cells are exfoliated, new cells form more quickly. Skin not only looks healthier, it actually becomes healthier as dead skin is removed from clogged pores.
Reduces the appearance of Cellulite:
This is an important element of detoxing the body. Cellulite is actually composed of toxic fat buildup that results in the wrinkling of the skin. Brushing dry skin is believed to tighten the epidermis and contribute to the breakup of this toxic material. Massaging often is also good for breakup of toxic materials.
Increase blood flow to the skin following dry brushing, and the normal process of releasing toxins through perspiration is improved. Proper exercise and breathing techniques also help promote normal circulation.
Supports Muscle Tone:
Stimulate your nervous system with skin brushing. Stimulated nerves activate muscle fibers and improve muscle tone. This is particularly beneficial to people who have lost weight and are looking to tighten up sagging skin.
Immune System Health:
One of the most important benefits of skin brushing is the supposed effect it has on the lymphatic system. This is of profound significance to the immune system. White blood cells, or lymphocytes, are actually named after this major body system. Lymph circulates to our cells through channels independent of our circulatory system. However, after it has done its work, it returns to the bloodstream through valves leading into the heart. Here, the white blood cells can fight the toxic agents that threaten our health. Massaging the skin with a brush, combined with exercise, speeds up the flow of lymph and directly contributes to a stronger immune system and healthier body.
A huge benefit of skin brushing is a drastic improvement in the appearance of the skin itself! Eliminating dead skin and unclogging pores results in a very noticeable improvement. For people who exercise or sit in Far Infrared Saunas, this is an excellent follow up to detoxification by sweating. The appearance of the skin also improves as new cells form more quickly, and the skin takes on a smooth luster that is noticeably brighter than the dull appearance of old, dry, and often wrinkled skin.
So now your wondering how do I do Dry Skin Brushing. Here you go – It’s simple.
Dry skin brushing is easy to administer yourself and helps rejuvenate a number of key body systems. To perform skin brushing. Here a few simple steps to take.
- Make sure you purchase a natural boar bristle brush or use a natural loofah sponge. One with a long handle
is great for reaching the back.
- Stand in the shower or tub and gently begin brushing by starting at your feet and moving in long sweeping motions toward your heart. Always brush upward toward your heart. Brush several times in each area, overlapping as you go. Be careful with sensitive areas like breasts. Your skin will become less sensitive the more you dry brush.
- Once you’ve brushed your entire body, take a shower and alternate between the hottest water temperature you can handle and the coldest. This stimulates blood circulation, bringing more blood to the top layers of the skin.
- After getting out of the shower, pat dry your skin and apply a natural oil like coconut or almond oil with a couple drops of lavender essential oil.
- Dry brush your entire body every day. For best results twice a day is recommended.
- Remember to clean your brush with soap and water. Dry in a clean, sunny spot to avoid any mildew accumulation on your brush.
- Try this for 3 weeks and you will see amazing results.