If you’ve ever looked for any nutritional information on the Internet, then I’m sure you have realized all the different opinions out there. People seem to disagree on everything and even health professionals seem to constantly contradict each other.
But it doesn’t have to be so complicated. What’s most important is to just eat real food and start taking control of your health.
When choosing foods look for natural, unprocessed foods that resemble what they look like in nature. Another words, if an apple looks like an apple then most likely it is an apple. If it looks like it was made in a factory or comes out of a cardboard box, don’t eat it. There are over 700,000 processed foods on the market nowadays, and they are filled with GMOs, chemicals, artificial ingredients, sweeteners and more. Chemicals in food and even plastics not only can promote weight gain, but they can also harm your health.
Related: Top 10 Benefits of Blueberries
For those of you new to healthy eating, I suggest you start with these simple steps.
12 simple steps that will get you on a road to a healthier life.
- Eat more protein to boost your metabolism and reduce your appetite. This helps to make future changes easier.
- Start eating a healthy breakfast. Fruits & veggie smoothies are great to give you a good boost in the morning. Eggs too are a great source of protein to boost metabolism.
- Replace bad fats and oils with good fats and oils. Oils like Olive, Coconut, and Sunflower are great replacements.
- Remove Sugar-Sweetened Beverages and Fruit Juices From Your Diet. Sorry no sodas. This is the worst stuff ever invented.
- I can’t express how important exercising is. I know for some, the sound of exercising sends them running, but this is a must especially as you age. You got to keep your joint moving if not they will stiffen up. Find something you love to do or just take those nice evening walks around the block. Walking is the best exercise ever.
- Replace sugar, refined carbs and modern wheat with other healthier Foods. A great replacement for sugar is sugar cane or honey.
- Start eating fish or meats and lots of vegetables for dinner. You just can’t go wrong with vegetable, but if you don’t like veggies, then try some fruits.
- Take care of your lifestyle. Get adequate sleep and reduced your stress levels. If you feel like you need that afternoon nap, then take one. It’s your body telling you, you need rest.
- Each daily meal should be healthy and nutritious. Make sure you eat healthy lunches and snacks… STAY AWAY FROM JUNK FOOD!
- STOP eating all processed foods and start focusing on delicious quality meals to boost your wellbeing.
- Commit to making changes and start living a healthy lifestyle.
- Pray… Yes, you heard me. Pray for good health, willpower and commitment to be able to stick to your daily regimen and in time it will become a part of your normal everyday life.